Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Blog Addition - If you care...

I just wanted to point out one small addition to my blog you may not notice if I didn't point it out. If you look to your right, under my picture and profile you will see a quick running summary. I have been filling out a running log on the Runner's World website. Each time I run I fill out a quick form about length, time, type of run, course, etc. and it will keep a log/graphs/personal records for me. I have linked my list of personal records (only those reached in official races since I started running again) and a record of my last 5 runs. If you click on one of the runs it will take you to my training log if you are interested. Here is an example graph of my log since my Stonemill 5k race when I started the log.

I know that VERY few are interested, particularly to this level of detail, but really, this is for me. If I know that my closest friends and family can go and see that I haven't run in two weeks, I will be highly motivated to get on the treadmill at least for a little bit. (We all know I would NEVER make up a fake log entry, right? My wife would turn me in if I did anyway...) If this actuall has the effect of guilting a few of you into going for a run as well... happy happy joy joy.

2 comments:

Papa J said...

So, for the first time in months I decided to look into the blogger world and I get a post about how much you run? With you as an ispiration I've decided to start keeping track of how many sheets of toilet paper I use and post a running tally on my blog...

I've actually kept a runner's log before (yes, I have exercised enough in the past to want to.) What I quickly discovered was that I was the only person interested in how far I ran today.

I love you bro. Where would your world be without a healthy jab from me every once in a while.

kodiak73 said...

The lazy mock while the innocent just do... that's all I'll say.