Friday, February 08, 2008

kodiak73

I once had a secretary that was fairly straight laced only to find out her email address was something like toohottohandle@asdfjkl.com. Have any of you ever wondered where my screen name came from? If not, stop now, if so, you may be more bored than you usually are to visit my blog. If you think it is because I am hairy enough to be mistaken for a bear, I am offended... I think. But you would be wrong.

The kodiak comes from one of the ferrets we owned when we lived in New Mexico. He was a big male that I thought had the best temperament of all the ferrets we owned. He love to be held but was not lazy and could be very playful. Most of our ferrets were either feisty (Laska, Snickers) or shy/lazy (Detmer, Sarah, Opal) but Kodiak seemed to have the best of both worlds. Also, kodiak is just a cool name that exudes masculinity (I know there are female brown bears but they are not what comes to mind when you say KODIAK!) The funny thing is that the first time I used this as my screen name for a website (remember the old go.com?) I misspelled it (kodiack) and my wife has used that unique spelling ever since, even though I corrected to the proper spelling after that first site.

The number 73 is just a throw back to my high school football days. At the time I was picking a number I thought that it was a good number for many reasons. It was the highest prime number I could think off the top of my head at the time (I know there are many, i.e. 79, very close to it but hey, I was still a kid!), also I like how many biblical references come in sevens or threes. I think seven or three are most people's luck number, why not have both? I'd probably just use the kodiak if I could, but as you can imagine, at most websites "kodiak" is already taken so I had to add a unique number to the end to use the name at all.

Now that you have wasted 3 minutes reading this mindless post, what are some of your screen names and how did you pick them? Inquiring minds want to know!


UPDATE: Here is my Avatar for a few of the discussion boards I frequent - thought you might enjoy... or at least my wife thought you might enjoy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will always be Charlie to me.

I have used Comejo because they are my maiden initials plus the first vowel - boring huh. Sometimes to really make it exciting I have been known to add the lo.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Mitt

Real said...

Well, I'm pretty impressed that a high school jock (and football no less) even though about things like prime numbers! ; )

BooBoo said...

I always thought you were kodiak73 because you wer strong like a bear and were born in 1973! Glad I got the real story on your name. Hope you are back running at full capacity very soon.