Thursday, April 24, 2008

How Google See's my Blog

I don't know if I should be insulted or not but I can't say I was excited when I noticed the first banner add that Google chose to place on my blog. More out of curiosity than anything I went ahead and added an AdSense banner ad space on my blog. They had a public service announcement the first few days until they had time to review my blog then they assigned what they felt was the most applicable ad from their list of clients to put there. Go ahead and take a look at it real quick. It's a couple inches down on the right... I'm not sure if it will stay the same or if it will change periodically but is that really the most applicable ad?

In case it has changed by the time some of you read this the ad in question reads, "Prevent runner's diarrhea, Learn what causes runner's diarrhea and how to prevent it"

So as you read my blog are your first thoughts, "Hmmmm, that boy sure enjoys running, I wonder if it ever gives him diarrhea?" or "Sounds like he likes to run. I would run more if only it didn't give me such bad diarrhea..." or "Boy, this guys writing about running stinks and his use of run-on sentences flows like diarrhea."

Okay, so a goodly number of my posts are related to running. I admit that. But really, don't they have ANY other sponsor related to the topic? Online shoe sales? Discount workout clothes? Subscriptions to running magazines? Surely Google has lots of clients. Is that the best they could assign to my site or is that all they deemed it worthy of?

So the big question is, Would you click on a link with the word DIARRHEA in the headline? Couldn't they at least add one of those dancing characters you see in other banner ads? They at least look like they have diarrhea...

Okay, sorry for the vent...

3 comments:

Jamie said...

No words, just laughing until I cry, lol.

Kristine said...

Hahaha!!!
Holy rotten ads, Batman. I didn't know you could even do anything about it!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha funniest thing i have heard in awhile! :] thanks for the laughs! -Tiffanie R.