Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Interesting Observation...

I have absolutely no evidence that the two are correlated but I noticed something today and find it extremely interesting...

Since I started my blog I have had 77 total posts. I have received at least 1 comment on all but 9 of them. Quite interestingly 4 of the 9 with no comments have occurred in my last 6 posts. So what was 6 posts ago? The announcement of my Diabetes fundraising efforts and the link to my donation site.

Is it coincidence that the comments dry up when I ask for more than a quick read and update on my life? Maybe my running exploits are just not that fascinating and hence people are not motivated to comment? Or maybe, just maybe, people don't want me to know that they have visited since I put that info up so they can plead ignorance when I ask them if they know about my fundraising?

OK, guilt trip over. Like I said in the original posts and emails, I'm not the in your face type of fundraiser. But that doesn't mean I don't rely on passive aggression for just about everything in my life... Hey, I've got to do something, I sent out the email and had my big announcement and got 1 co-worker and 1 college buddy I hadn't seen in 12 years as the only two people to make a donation! That only got me 5% of my goal! I've promised not to send out another email but that won't stop me from making frequent reminders here on my blog. I have faith in you, I'm sure my observation is nothing more than coincidence... I won't really start getting depressed for another couple months, so you have some time I guess.

1 comment:

Real said...

If I had read this post, I would have kept my previous comments to myself so you couldn't hit me up for more cash...

Darn.