Saturday, July 19, 2008

Stepping It Up

I had a good week of running this week. I reached several milestones that based on my last post I have decided to celebrate. If you look at my training log (I know you are all watching it SO closely) you will see that every week I always had one weekday that I had managed to miss in EVERY week... before now. This week I managed to run every day (except Sunday of course). I had to do a few of them in the evenings to make up for missed morning runs, but still, every day. The next goal will be to actually do all my morning runs.

I am also to the point in my training program where my Saturday long runs are finally longer than 13.1 (half marathon). This morning I ran 14.46 miles. For anyone who knows what the heck I'm talking about, I ran the entire 6 mile length of the Alpharetta Greenway, then an extra 1.23 miles to Lake Winward, and back. It took me 2:10:30, which works out to 9:02 per mile.

This all added up to my highest mileage week to date at 34.5 miles. With any luck July should end up upwards of 130 miles. And FYI, I'm at 194 today although my weighted average that doesn't fluctuate as much is higher around 196. Still headed to 183, that's the plan anyway.

Oh, I almost forgot, we also picked up a Wii Fit this week. So far, pretty fun. I think I have a second career as a ski jumper...

3 comments:

Real said...

Hearing that you run 14 miles in one morning actually made me sick to my stomach. Just the thought of that much running makes me queasy.

Good for you though. Is 183 your ultimate goal or is there a lower number you're working towards?

kodiak73 said...

Real, 183 is not my "Ultimate" goal, it is the one I set back at 255. The reason for this otherwise odd number is that is the weight at which my BMI moves below 25 and I am no longer considered "overweight". I started this journey with a BMI upwards of 37 WELL into the "obese" catagory. I'm not a strong proponent of the BMI metric as I think it is too wide a generization, but it is the standard used most often... Back at 255, 183 seemed WAY out of reach and more than I could ever hope for. Right now, at 194, it feels like a good benchmark. The runner in me would probably like to see much lower but I think in a perfect world I will hover in the 170's... Let me reach the first goal first though.

Me and The Boys said...

Thats cool you guys got the Wii. My sister-in-law has one and we always play when we get together... its soo much fun! Tennis is one of my favorites!