Thursday, April 12, 2007

Pushing It

I know this is my third post in three days after a month with nothing so I probably will have several people that end up reading all three at the same time but hey, if I was more consistent it just wouldn't be me.

Yet again I am going to bore you with my workout stories... Sorry. Tonight on my run I had completed the first mile at a slow 9:53 minute jog but had decided shortly before the end of that mile that I would have a little fun with the second mile. I decided to turn the treadmill up to 9mph and see if I could handle the pace for the entire second mile. Much to my surprise, I held the pace for the entire second mile and clocked in the second mile in 6:47. My last sub 7 minute mile was most definitely back in High School. I'm still roughly 1:20-1:30 off my high school times but I actually surprised myself with that time quite a bit.

I just read my post so far and I hope people don't take my posts the wrong way. They are not supposed to be bragging, just sharing my workouts. Knowledge that I can share these stories actually drives me to work harder in these workouts. I also draw strength that really 99% of my readers know me personally and care about my health, success, and happiness.

To that end though, have any of you surprised yourself lately? Did something you didn't think you could do? Let me help you celebrate those small victories by sharing them with me. By celebrating the small victories, we reach the big ones.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

What??
You NOT bragging??
I find that a little hard to believe.
(He he)

Let's see...what have I done that I've done well lately?
My card class has filled up 2 weeks early down at Aunt Judy's Attic.
I think I'll add another one on a weeknight instead of a Saturday.
Oh, and I'm going to do my first Stampin' Up party on Thursday...so I'm making progress with "my business".

For a while I was doing great at keeping my house clean, but since this week has just been a recuperate from the trip week, that isn't where it should be.

I'll keep thinking.