Thursday, October 18, 2007

100 Miles

Wow, I just surprised myself! If you look at the sidebar on my blog you will notice my workout history. This is taken from my Runners World Training Log. I have been recording my distances run since August 25 when I ran a 5k race. With last nights run my odometer rolled over the 100 mile mark! That means that over the last 53 calendar days I have averaged 1.9 miles per day. Now, considering the fact that over half of these miles were on my treadmill that I am CONVINCED is under reporting my distances (26:30 lowest 5k time vs. 23:51 on the road...) and I'm sure that in reality my average is closer (if not over) to 2 miles/day. I think the combination of preparing for the Half-Marathon and the knowledge that I am reporting my miles for all to see have driven me to be more consistent and longer in my runs.

It is a testament however to how the tortoise can win the race. Have you ever looked back and been amazed at how much you have been able to do over a short period of time with only persistence on your side? Pretty life affirming isn't it?

No comments: