Monday, October 29, 2007

See, I told ya so! -10k Photos

Okay, for all of you that doubt whether I am really doing these things - Here is some photographic evidence. Of course they didn't post the actual race results for some reason so you have to trust my earlier posted time but hey, pictures speak louder than words anyway right?

Absolutely no clue who this guy was other than he was the guy standing closest to me when the lady with the camera asked if she could take our picture. Can you tell it was only 40 degrees F at the time?

This is the line for the Porta-potties - key for any racer. There is a reason most birds take a dump before taking flight. The fold your arms thing I am doing here and in the first picture is not a sign of reverence, rather stinking COLD!

If you look closely you can see me between the blue "FINISH" sign and the red pole. Despite the sign, this was also the start. I believe that is what the other side of the sign read. I am starting my stopwatch if you look closely enough.

This is a few seconds later as I officially cross the Starting line. This is a bit redundant to the last photo but you can see my face better if you had any doubts...



This is me roughly 54 minutes later sprinting to the finish line (next one will be under 50...). I'd like to say I had just passed that guy behind me but truth be told, back in the bend he was about to pass me and that kicked my ego into gear for this sprint to the finish. I thought he was a lot closer than he appears in the picture. Luckily the dark color of my shirt hides the amount of sweat I was soaked in.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I think the photographer had a crush on you. I'd better take up running just to protect my turf!

Anonymous said...

Could we get a close up of the shoes?