Saturday, August 30, 2008

End of August Running Update

Despite my last post, the month in general was successful. I ran at least 30 miles in each week of the month. The last week was my highest mileage to date, over 38. I only missed 3 of the 26 "running days" in the month. I started the month stuck in a weight range between 196 and 198 that I have been in since May. I ended the month on a 15 day average of 193.7, progress at last and I have been 192 for several weigh-ins. I had hoped to reach 183 by my marathon, that may be out of reach but under 190 definitely isn't...

I started tracking my running during the last week of August last year. Since then I have logged over 800 miles. Here is my chart as of the end of August this year. Still climbing, but not by much.

Just over two months to go for my Marathon, assuming I don't have many more days like today between now and then. As for the Diabetes Fundraising, I'm at $190 in hard donations with another ~$160 "pledged" based on my mileage run by November. I don't know if I have told you on this blog but my goal is $1000. So donations to date only bring me to 35% of my goal. For those of you who have given, thank you!

4 comments:

Real said...

Okay. Can I just say that if,at any point, you pass me up in weight loss and end up weighing less than I do....I may just do something drastic.

kodiak73 said...

I just won't make the mistake of asking how much you weigh and you just don't have to tell me if I ever pass you... ;)

jttolliver said...

Hey let me know how I can donate money? I would love to help. I couldnt give you much but hey at least it would be something. And if you tell how I can help I will get my mom to help too. :)

kodiak73 said...

Tiana - There are a couple of ways to donate. On the right side of my blog you will see a big "Diabetes Action Team" logo. If you click on that logo it is a link to my donation website. On there you will see a themometer showing my progress towards my goal and above that is a yellow "DONATE NOW" button. From there you can complete a secure online donation with a credit card.

If online security or credit card use give you the willies, on that same website you will find a link at the bottom of the page which reads "Print Donation Form to Mail". From there you just print out that page, attach a check, and mail it the address on the form.

Your last option would be to send the money to me and I will handle getting it in to the Diabetes Action Team.

If anyone is having any problems with the donating process, either "how to" or technological in nature, please let me know...