Monday, September 29, 2008

Mille Borne

I don't know if you ever played the card game but it was the first thing that came to mind this morning when I logged my run and noticed that I went over 1000 miles since I started logging my miles 13 months ago. I used to LOVE playing this game with my siblings, particularly my sister Coleen as she would say all the french words correctly. Even if she was the most ruthless player out there...

The 1000 miles took me 149 hours and 49 minutes of running. Makes me wonder why I didn't just run for 6 days, 5 hours, and 49 minutes strait and gotten done with it. Somehow something you can do in just over 6 days doesn't sound like as much of an effort as it really was. If you do the math it calculates out to 8 minutes and 59 seconds per mile.

Hopefully I will have all the safety cards during these last 6 weeks of training so I can call out "Coup-Fourré" if injury or an empty tank hit me!

No comments: