Thursday, September 25, 2008

Suwanee Day - Official Results

Only a week and a half later than usual, here are the official results. OK, so it wasn't quite as good as I thought it was, but still a personal record. So here are the numbers:
  • Time - 47:43 (not the 47:30 I had guessed)
  • Pace - 7:41/mile
  • Overall Place - 24th out of 203
  • Age Group Place (35 to 39 M)- 7th out of 22

The time was always a guess as I indicated I hadn't seen the clock well. The 24th place was exactly where I thought I was. However, the 7th place in my age group was a bit of a disappointment. I'm guessing a few people delayed turning in their cards by the time I was there. Hopefully they corrected their summary sheet before the awards went out because she had filled all three slots when I turned in my card and there were faster times turned in after that... Based on their organization, I'm guessing they handed the trophy to the wrong guy!

As for my wife in her 5k - her time was bumped back a bit, 36:08 instead of the 36:03 she timed. I'm guessing that is due to the 5 seconds or so it took her to cross the start line so 36:03 is her personal time while the 36:08 represents the official time based on when the gun sounded. You can probably subtract a similar amount from my time. At least it wasn't the minute and a half it took me to start the Peachtree or the nearly 3 and a half minutes to cross the start line for my Half Marathon last Thanksgiving...

No comments: